11 Do’s and 7 Don’ts For Marketing on FacebookApril 8, 2010 by: Shari
from The zen of social media marketing by Shama Hyder Kabani
Every brand should know about Facebook marketing. Your goal on this social media platform should be to attract people to your website, build trust, and gain visibility — all things that inevitably lead to sales.
Here’s what you SHOULD DO
1. Spend time creating an outstanding profile.
2. Let your personality shine through.
3. Reach out to people in a professional and thoughtful manner.
4. Build a loyal Facebook friendship base.
5. Leverage notes and status updates by providing value.
6. Work on attracting people to your site (using real value, not pushy links).
7. Have a friending policy in place.
8. Build a community around your topic or specialty.
9. Be proactive in your networking efforts.
10. Share relevant photos and videos.
11. Participate actively in groups.
XXX DON’T DO these activities
1. Don’t be pushy.
2. Don’t write your web link on someone else’s Wall.
3. Don’t send or accept frivolous applications.
4. Don’t use your business name as your profile name.
5. Don’t put up crude or thoughtless pictures or comments.
6. Don’t expect social media to “work” for you (you do the work).
7. Don’t “friend” blindly — let people know why you are requesting a connection.
No matter what your business or organization, chances are your customers and potential customers are using Facebook. Bring your business to them.