5 Steps to Engage Your CommunityMay 8, 2010 by: Shari
From Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
How do you build community from a loosely joined group of people? You need to reach into the community and learn; here’s how:
1. Listening comes first: Pay attention to where all your publics are interacting.
2. Measure the conversations: Monitor the sentiment as well as numbers.
3. Take small steps: Begin with small memorable exchanges.
4. Lead a new initiative: Becoming a does makes you a real player.
5. Profit: Being inside the right community is a great way to build business, glean insider knowledge, and get an edge on the competition.
With the advances in technology that promotes communication, we have tools that allow us to form online communities to exchange ideas and share experiences. Let’s make the most of those opportunities.